OraTaiao welcomes new members and has a modest annual subscription fee.
There are three types of membership. Organisations are also welcome to become members (contact us).
Full Member - holds positions or qualifications in medicine, public health, nursing and/or other health disciplines and subscribes to the purposes and principles set out in the Constitution. Read below and click here to fill in the membership form.
Student member – students in medicine, public health, nursing and/or other health disciplines who subscribe to the purposes and principles set out in the Constitution. Read below and click here to fill in the membership form.
- Associate member – a person who subscribes to the purposes and principles set out in the Constitution. Read below and click here to fill in the membership form.
Benefits of Membership
Possibly the biggest member benefit is knowing that you enable OraTaiao to exist and to undertake work to press for urgent, healthy and fair climate action. Other member benefits include:
• Access to climate-health resources, research, and expertise
• Membership certificate (if requested)
• Email bulletins with information on climate-health news and events
• Access to monthly meetings and the AGM to plan and shape climate-health action and to listen to guest speakers
• Right to nominate people for role of executive officer and to vote in annual general meetings
Membership Annual Subscription
OraTaiao has a modest annual subscription for membership ranging from $10-150 depending on income. The subscription is OraTaiao’s only ongoing source of funding and enables our regular work toward climate-health action (e.g. funds website and bank fees, promotional resources, stalls at conferences).
Please pay subscription on our secure payment page. Thank you!
Membership application forms are taken to the monthly executive group meeting for approval. In the unlikely event that your membership application is declined, you will be contacted as soon as possible. We can also refund your annual subscription fee.
Donations above and beyond the subscription are very much welcomed and are eligible for tax credit. Donations give us additional resource to extend our work. Donate at: www.orataiao.org.nz/donate
OraTaiao will make every attempt to ensure member details are kept private within the membership. See www.orataiao.org.nz/privacy_policy