Our Accountability Processes
OraTaiao: The NZ Climate and Health Council, established in 2009, is a not-for-profit, politically non-partisan New Zealand Incorporated Society (registration number 2509679). OraTaiao has donee tax status.
OraTaiao has a number of processes and documents in place to support transparency and accountability including:
• A Constitution (see here).
• Governance by an Executive Board (see bios here) of 16 members including two Co-Convenors (one of whom is Māori), elected annually.
• An annual general meeting where an annual report from the Co-convenors (2019 report here) and annual financial statements are presented:
Our annual financial statement is filed with the Companies Office each year. You can access our most recent financial statement here.
You can find copies of our past financial statements by searching the Register of Societies and Trusts online (free, here).
In addition, if our financial statements are not formally audited in a particular year, a record of all financial transactions (with donor names removed for privacy) is circulated to members in advance of the annual general meeting.
• Monthly Executive Board meetings (via web-conferencing, open to all members) with agenda sent to all members in advance of the meeting, and a Treasurer’s Report. See executive meeting dates here.
• A Strategic Plan (2020 - 2022 plan here), reviewed every two years.
• Membership to the Global Climate and Health Alliance, see here.